2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT Travel
For 2020 Moto Guzzi is keeping the trails ablaze with a new variant to the wildly popular V85. In a disruptively short amount of time, the V85TT and its Adventure model have taken the ADV market and shoved it into a tiny corner by offering industry-leading levels of performance, versatility, and style at an inviting price point. With their sights aimed directly at the customer base of rival houses: BMW and KTM, Guzzi has reinvented itself by entering into and invigorating a long-left market of offroad capable touring motorcycles, and have done well by following the direct feedback from NTX Stelvio owners, and ADV riders worldwide. They’ve heard the sirens call. Make it lighter, make it stronger, and for god’s sake make it less than a downpayment on a 3 bedroom home in the suburbs.
By cherry-picking design elements from previous models and improving upon them, as well as unleashing some new tricks, the V85 does everything mentioned above and offers so much bang for the buck it’s no wonder that over 70% of V85 purchasers came from non-Guzzi owners, with a large number of trade-in purchases. Possibly this tells us that riders are eager for new (old) brands and brand loyalty just isn’t what it’s cracked up to be?
A quick rundown of stats and the build points:
- Steel tube spaceframe on a new stress-member case increases rigidity and reduces weight
- New engine design with titanium components generates 80hp with fewer parts and smaller displacement
- Advanced electronics package improves riding in any scenario while increasing rider safety
- Easy to navigate, full-color display with top-notch functionality and amenities
- Cruise control
- Advanced suspension geometry with adjustability
- Wind tunnel tested design for reduced buffeting without the need for large fairing or bodywork
- Factory optional aluminium panniers and top case
The V85 Travel trim will come equipped with a few goodies the two current trims offer as options:
- Heated grips
- Taller windscreen for more protection on longer trips
- Moto Guzzi “MIA” smartphone integration display system
- Slim profile panniers
- LED turn signals and markers
- New sophistocated, if somewhat dull, paint scheme
Still adorning the attractively angular frame are the Michelin Anakee adventure tires, dual Brembo brake, handguards, and splash guards from the Adventure model. Price as equipped is yet unknown.